Alright. I started working on the rudder, first step was to build the stiffeners.
Then I spent a lot of time just cutting the blue protection plastic as I did not wanted to totally remove it
The plans called for back riveting. I tried, I messed up, I tried again, I messed up again. Then while drilling out the rivet already frustrated I managed to really mess up and open a new hole in the stiffener
As you can see, I also managed to ruin the second (and third and fifth) holes. The hole on the skins was also too big after drilling out rivets for the 3rd time. I ordered new stiffeners from Van's and some Oops rivets so I did not have to buy a new skin too. I drilled the 4 holes I messed up to #30.
By then I gave up and started to rivet using the bucking bar. I was not super happy with the results on the skin so I decided to fix the main issue that was causing the back riveting to not work:
Yeah. The white cap was hitting the curve of the stiffener and screwing my rivets, so I got rid of a part of it to give enough clearance. After doing this I managed to finish one side of the skin using back riveting. Will work on the other side soon.
Oh... yeah.. Another important fact: I decided I won't be priming anymore. With the exception of the mandatory stuff, of course. The rattle can was expensive, was a lot of time to prepare the surface and prime and I was not happy with the quality, it was scratching super easy when I was riveting.